Address: 384 Peachtree St. NE., Atlanta, Georgia. County/parish: Fulton.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places December 06, 2016.
Also known as:
The Medical Arts Building is a Beaux-Arts style building located at 384 Peachtree St NE at the northern end of Downtown Atlanta. The 12-story brick and limestone building by architect G. Lloyd Preacher, also designer of Atlanta City Hall, was constructed in 1927. In addition to its medical facilities - deemed as some of the most modern and well-equipped when it opened, the building once featured a cafeteria, drugstore and telegraph office. It was also amongst the first to have a covered parking garage. However, its nearly 89,000 square feet (8,300 m2) of space have been vacant since 1995.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/16000816