Low, Juliette Gordon, Historic District (NRIS 66000276)
10 Oglethorpe Ave., E., 330 Drayton St., 329 Abercorn St.,
Georgia. County/parish: Chatham.
3 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
October 15, 1966.
Also known as:
- Andrew Low House and Carrige House
- Wayne--Gordon House: First Girl Scout Headquarters
- Juliette Gordon Low Historic District
- Juliette Gordon Low Historic District consists of three buildings—the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace also known as "Wayne-Gordon House", First Girl Scout Headquarters which was the carriage house for the Andrew Low House, converted for use by the Girl Scouts in May–June 1912, and the Andrew Low House, is a site in Savannah, Georgia significant for its association with Juliette Gordon Low and the founding of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
The district includes the Wayne-Gordon House at 10 Oglethorpe Avenue, East, which is also known as Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace, the First Girl Scout Headquarters (Andrew Low Carriage House) at 330 Drayton Street and the Andrew Low House at 329 Abercorn Street.
The Birthplace was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1965. the initial designation included the First Girl Scout Headquarters. the Andrew Low House was later added to the designation creating the Juliette Gordon Low Landmark District. (read more...)
Norris, John S.
- Early Republic
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000276