4 contributing sites.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
San Lazaro is an archaeological site of pueblos in the U.S. state of New Mexico. Located in the basin of the Galisteo River south of Santa Fe, it was home to a clan of the Tanoan peoples at the time of Spanish colonial contact in the 16th century. It was abandoned in the aftermath of the Spanish reconquest of the area after the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, its people believed to have eventually settled at First Mesa among the Hopi. The site was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000490