2 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
The Oneida Community Mansion House is a historic house and museum that was once the home of the Oneida Community, a religiously-based socialist Utopian group led by John Humphrey Noyes. Noyes and his followers moved to the site in Oneida from Putney, Vermont in 1848. The Community lived in the Mansion House communally until 1880, when they dissolved into a joint-stock company.
The Mansion House has been continually occupied as a residence since its construction in 1862. In the 20th century the Mansion House became a National Historic Landmark. It is currently overseen by a non-profit organization chartered in 1987 by New York State Board of Regents. It also includes residential apartments as well as guest rooms for overnight lodging.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000527