1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
Salem Tavern is a historic museum property at 800 South Main Street in Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina. It was a tavern in the 18th-century town of Salem, which is now part of Winston-Salem. It is part of Old Salem Museums & Gardens and open as an Old Salem tour building to visitors. Built in 1784 and enlarged in 1815, it was the first entirely brick building in what is now Old Salem, and is one of the oldest surviving brick tavern buildings in the United States. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000592