1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
Also known as:
Mulberry Plantation is a historic plantation property in rural Berkeley County, South Carolina. Located between Moncks Corner and Charleston, this property was developed in 1714 by Thomas Broughton, who became the Royal governor of South Carolina, and is one of the oldest plantation homes in the United States. Its rice fields, dikes and canals were well-preserved into the 20th century. The plantation house and ten surrounding acres were declared a National Historic Landmark in 1963.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000697