1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
The Brisbois House, also known as the Bernard Brisbois House, is a historic house located on St. Feriole Island in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. Built circa 1840, the stone house is one of the oldest in Wisconsin. It was once thought to be built in 1808 by early settler and fur trader Michael Brisbois, but in the early 1920s, historians learned that it was built by his son after his death. The house is a National Historic Landmark and is now owned by the Wisconsin Historical Society.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000801