4 contributing buildings. 1 contributing site.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
Fort Richardson was a United States Army installation located in present-day Jacksboro, Texas. Named in honor of Union General Israel B. Richardson, who died in the Battle of Antietam during the American Civil War, it was active from 1867 to 1878. Today, the site, with a few surviving buildings, is called Fort Richardson State Park, Historic Site and Lost Creek Reservoir State Trailway. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1963 for its role in securing the state's northern frontier in the post-Civil War era.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000816