Address: W bank of the Hudson River, Fort Lee and vicinity, New Jersey. County/parish: Bergen.
1 contributing site.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
Palisades Interstate Park and its governing body, the Palisades Interstate Park Commission, was formed under an interstate compact in 1900 by governors Theodore Roosevelt of New York and Foster M. Voorhees of New Jersey in response to the destruction of the Palisades by quarry operators in the late 19th century. The Palisades are the cliffs on the west bank of the Hudson River across from and continuing north of Manhattan Island. The commission consists of ten commissioners, five appointed by each governor, who serve staggered five-year terms.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000890