11 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
Also known as:
Sherwood Forest Plantation Foundation, is located on the north bank of the James River in Charles City County, Virginia. The main plantation house, built in 1730, was the home of 10th President John Tyler (1790-1862) for the last twenty years of his life. It is located on State Route 5, a scenic byway which runs between the independent cities of Richmond and Williamsburg. The house is located approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from the river. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1961.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000922