Address: 1651 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, District of Columbia. County/parish: D.C..
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 15, 1966.
Also known as:
The President's Guest House, commonly known as Blair House, is a complex of four formerly separate buildings—Blair House, Lee House, Peter Parker House, and 704 Jackson Place—located in Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States. A major interior renovation of these 19th century residences between the 1950s and 1980s resulted in their reconstitution as a single facility.
The President's Guest House is one of several residences owned by the United States government for use by the president and vice president of the United States; other such residences include the White House, Camp David, One Observatory Circle, the Presidential Townhouse, and Trowbridge House. The President's Guest House has been called "the world's most exclusive hotel" because it is primarily used to host visiting dignitaries and other guests of the president. It is larger than the White House and closed to the public.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/66000963