Address: Center St., over Little Twin Creek, Germantown, Ohio. County/parish: Montgomery.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 01, 1999.
The Germantown Covered Bridge, in Germantown, Ohio, was built in 1870. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. However it has been delisted from the National Register?
It is an inverted bowstring bridge which brings Center St. over Little Twin Creek.
According to a 2012 source, it was originally located on the Dayton Pike. It was moved in 1911 to its present location. It was restored in 1963.
It is only accessible for pedestrian traffic.
It was documented in by the Historic American Engineering Record program.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/71000647