Address: Park and E. Harrison Sts., Cumberland, Maryland. County/parish: Allegany.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 01, 1999.
The Queen City Hotel was constructed in 1871 by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B&O) in Cumberland, Maryland to serve both as a train station and as a destination. Hosting 174 rooms, it also had such features as formal gardens with a fountain, a ballroom and 400-seat dining room. It was torn down in 1972 to make room for a new main United States Post Office and Distribution facility with a much smaller station for Amtrak service between the new Post Office and the railroad tracks.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/71001052