1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places June 01, 1981.
The Fix House was a single-family home located in the northwestern corner of the Sterling State Park in Monroe, Michigan, United States. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, but was demolished in 1980, and removed from the list in 1981.
The Fix House was a 1-1/2-story brick structure, built in the style of French-Canadian vernacular cottages. It had two wings on each side. The main section had a center entrance flanked by two windows. Only fifteen buildings were constructed in this style in Monroe County, which was first settled by French pioneers in the 1780s.
The house was built in 1853, with side wings added in about 1870. The house was demolished in 1980.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/72000643