Address: 180 Church St., Burlington, Vermont. County/parish: Chittenden.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 22, 2016.
The Old Chittenden County Courthouse was a historic government building at 180 Church Street in downtown Burlington, the county seat of Chittenden County, Vermont. Built in 1872, it was a richly decorated example of Second Empire architecture, occupying a prominent position in the city's civic nucleus, which also included Burlington City Hall and the United States Post Office and Custom House. It served as the county courthouse until it was destroyed by fire on February 9, 1982. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, and removed from the register in 2016.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/73000192