1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places February 27, 1973.
Hill's Store was a commercial building located on Grand Marais Avenue in Grand Marais, Michigan. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, but demolished and de-listed that same year.
In the 1890s, Wilkes W. Hargrave and Roy C. Hill were operating a store in Seney, Michigan. When that town began dying, in about 1895, they moved to Grand Marais and opened a new store, called "Hargrave and Hill". By the 1920, the store was called just "Hill's Store." The store remained open until 1951.
The building was a two-story frame structure on a cement foundation. It had a false front and a cornice.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/73002200