Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 01, 1974.
Brownsville Covered Bridge was a historic long truss covered bridge located at Brownsville, Union County, Indiana. It was built between 1837 and 1840, and was a single span covered timber bridge. It measured 182 feet (55 m) long and 21 feet 6 inches (6.55 m) wide. The bridge spanned the East Fork of the Whitewater River.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973 and delisted in 1974. The bridge was photographed by the Historic American Engineering Record in April 1974 as it was being dismantled for relocation to Eagle Creek Park in Indianapolis.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/73002283