Address: 104 N. Franklin St., Michigan City, Indiana. County/parish: La Porte.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 01, 1978.
Michigan Central Railroad Engine Repair Shops, also known as the Tom and Blank Building , was a historic railroad engine repair building located at Michigan City, LaPorte County, Indiana. It was built in 1851-1852 by the Michigan Central Railroad. It was constructed of Joliet limestone and measured 255 feet long and 62 feet wide. It has been demolished.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and delisted in 1978.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/75000028