Removed from the National Register of Historic Places October 18, 2002.
Cedar Bridge refers to three different bridges in Madison County, in the U.S. state of Iowa. The original Cedar Covered Bridge was built in 1883, moved in 1921, and was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. The bridge was filmed in the 1995 movie The Bridges of Madison County, and destroyed by arson in 2002. The second covered Cedar Bridge was built in 2004. This second bridge was destroyed by arsonists in 2017. The bridge was again rebuilt in 2019.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/76000786