1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places September 29, 2015.
The Gerrish Warehouse was a historic 18th-century warehouse, located on Pepperrell Cove in Kittery Point, Maine. Built c. 1710, it was one element of the Pepperrell family's shipping empire, notably run in the mid-18th century by Sir William Pepperrell. Converted into a ship chandlery in the 19th century, it was sold to the Maine Maritime Museum in 1976, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. The museum's plan to move the building by barge to a new location was judged infeasible, and it was subsequently demolished after the museum had recovered its contents. It was removed from the National Register in 2015.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/77000140