1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 26, 2018.
Also known as:
The Dilley House is a former historic house at 656 Laurel Street in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. It is a two-story wood frame structure, finished in beveled weatherboard siding, and capped by a hip roof. It has an irregular plan, with a stepped series of projections on the front right side giving it a roughly triangular shape. The main entrance is set in the second projecting, under a porch with a gabled roof. The interior retains original woodwork, plaster, and wall finishes including wallpaper. The house was built about 1902 for the family of Frederick L. Dilley, owner of a foundry that was one of the city's major industries. Its second owner, E.A. Howell, was mayor of Pine Bluff and major promoter of the cotton industry in the area.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. It was destroyed by fire in 2015 and delisted in January 2018.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/77000258