First Wasco County Courthouse

Address: 404 2nd St., The Dalles, Oregon. County/parish: Wasco.

NRIS 77001116

1 contributing building.

Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 18, 1998.

From Wikipedia:

Original Wasco County Courthouse

The Original Wasco County Courthouse is a historic former courthouse, located in The Dalles, Oregon, United States. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places under the name First Wasco County Courthouse, and is also listed as a contributing resource in the National Register-listed Trevitt's Addition Historic District.

One of only two remaining courthouses from prior to Oregon statehood, this building served Wasco County from 1859 until 1882, and then as The Dalles city hall until 1907. From its original location in downtown The Dalles, it has been moved several times before its current location within Trevitt's Addition Historic District.

As of 2010, it was managed as a museum by the Wasco County Historical Society.

(read more...)

Architects:

  • Wallace, W. C.

Architectural styles:

  • Federal
  • Other

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/77001116

LC