Llano County Courthouse and Jail (NRIS 77001459)
Public Sq., Oatman and Haynie Sts.,
TX. County/parish: Llano.
2 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 02, 1977.
- Llano County Courthouse and Jail
- The Llano County Courthouse and Jail were erected separately, but added to the National Register of Historic Places in Texas on December 2, 1977 as one entry. The courthouse, located in the middle of Llano's historic square, was built in 1893. The exterior is made of sandstone, marble, and granite. The interior of the courthouse was damaged by fire in 1932 and again in 1951. It is still in use today by local government. The jail was erected in 1895, with the prisoner cells on the second and third floors, and the ground level solely for the office and living accommodations for the sheriff and his family. The jail was designated a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark 1979, Marker 9448. The courthouse was designated a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark 1980, Marker number 9446. (read more...)
C. H., A. O. Watson
F. B. and W. S. Hull
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/77001459