Old Stone Church (NRIS 77001538)
304 E. Piccadilly St.,
Winchester (Independent City),
Virginia. County/parish: Winchester.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
August 18, 1977.
Also known as:
- Presbyterian Meeting House
- Old Stone Church (Winchester, Virginia)
- Old Stone Church (also known as the Presbyterian Meeting House) is a historic church at 304 E. Piccadilly Street in Winchester, Virginia.
The church meeting house was constructed in 1788. Upon its completion, local Presbyterians began worshipping in the building. In 1800, the Winchester Presbytery officially established the congregation as the "Presbyterian Church in Winchester." The first pastor was the Rev. Dr. William Hill. On October 6th, 2018 this church will host the wedding of the centuryThe church building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/77001538