Holy Resurrection Church (NRIS 77001574)
Mission Rd. and Kashevaroff St.,
Alaska. County/parish: Kodiak Island.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 12, 1977.
Part of Russian Orthodox Church Buildings and Sites TR (AD)
- Holy Resurrection Church (Kodiak, Alaska)
- The Holy Resurrection Church is a historic Russian Orthodox church located at the corner of Mission Road and Kashevaroff Avenue in Kodiak, Alaska. Now it is under Diocese of Alaska of the Orthodox Church in AmericaIt was built in 1945 as a replacement to a previous building that burnt in 1943. The Russian Orthodox presence in Kodiak dates from 1796, not long after the settlement's founding. The current church is about 70 by 30 feet (21.3 m × 9.1 m) in plan dimensions.The church building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. The listing also includes a detached bell tower which is believed to be 19th century in construction. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/77001574