Hoxsie, John, House (NRIS 78000016)
E of RI 112,
RI. County/parish: Washington.
3 contributing buildings.
4 contributing sites.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
May 05, 1978.
Also known as:
- John Hoxsie House
- The John Hoxsie House, also known as the Old Kenyon Farm, is an historic farmstead in Richmond, Rhode Island. The farm is a 60-acre (24 ha) parcel of land accessed via a long private drive on the east side of Richmond Town House Road (Rhode Island Route 112), just north of Pinecrest Road, and is a rare, virtually intact, example of a 19th-century farmstead. The main house, a 1-1/2 story Cape style structure, was built in 1784 by John Hoxsie.The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/78000016