Schlemmer, Otto, Building (NRIS 78000026)
129-131 N. Green St.,
Indiana. County/parish: Montgomery.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
November 28, 1978.
- Otto Schlemmer Building
- Otto Schlemmer Building is a historic commercial building located at Crawfordsville, Montgomery County, Indiana. It was originally built in 1854, and renovated to its present form in 1889. It is a two-story brick building with wood and pressed metal trim. The front facade features an arcade of six two-story, round-headed brick arches that form a gallery at the second level. The use of the Roman arch, denticulated frieze, bracketing, and a projecting central pediment are reflective of the Victorian Renaissance style.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. It is located in the Crawfordsville Commercial Historic District.
Current Use and Ownership
The Otto Schlemmer Building is now owned by Capper Tully and Reimondo Attorneys at law and has been since 1907. The Building is used as a law office and occupied by highly educated and respected lawyers in Crawfordsville. The current partners of Capper Tully and Reimondo are John S. Capper and Robert N. Reimondo. The official website is http://capperlaw.info/. (read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/78000026