Clinton County Courthouse (NRIS 78000027)
IN. County/parish: Clinton.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 05, 1978.
- Clinton County Courthouse (Indiana)
- The Clinton County Courthouse is a historic courthouse located at 50 North Jackson Street in Frankfort, Clinton County, Indiana, United States. The Clinton County Courthouse dates from 1882-1884. It was designed by George W. Bunting, who also designed courthouses in Anderson (Madison County) and Franklin (Johnson County). The Clinton County Courthouse is a three-story, Second Empire style limestone building adorned with statuary and a 165-foot domed central tower with a clock. The courthouse cost $170,450 to build in 1882. The courthouse is still in use as the county courthouse.A virtual duplicate of the Clinton Courthouse was built in Anderson, Indiana (razed) in red brick at the same time as the Clinton County Courthouse.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. It is located in the Frankfort Commercial Historic District. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/78000027