St. John's Episcopal Church (NRIS 78000055)
315 N. 6th St.,
Indiana. County/parish: Tippecanoe.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
September 20, 1978.
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Lafayette, Indiana)
- St. John's Episcopal Church is a historic Episcopal church located at Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana. Founded by Parson Samuel R. Johnson, early services were held beginning in 1836-37 in the counting room of Thomas Benbridge. Benbridge had an accounting office. The first building dedicated on 30 Dec 1838 on Missouri St. A new Gothic Revival style church was built in 1858 on the Northwest corner of Sixth and Ferry. Major repairs were completed in 1887 with the addition of a Sunday School.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. It is located in the Centennial Neighborhood District. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/78000055