Address: 331 Bayshore Dr., Valparaiso, Florida. County/parish: Okaloosa.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 01, 1981.
The Valparaiso Inn was built in 1924 on the shores of Boggy Bayou in Valparaiso, Florida, by developer James E. Plew. The three-story Spanish stucco structure was patterned after Chicago's famous Edgewater Beach Hotel. It had four wings angled to catch the breeze and provide a panoramic view of Boggy Bayou and Choctawhatchee Bay. It offered 56 guests rooms.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/78000954