Dingman's Ferry Dutch Reformed Church (NRIS 79000241)
Pennsylvania. County/parish: Pike.
Park name: Delaware Water Gap.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
July 23, 1979.
- Dingman's Ferry Dutch Reformed Church
- Dingman's Ferry Dutch Reformed Church is a historic Dutch Reformed church located on U.S. 209 in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area at Dingman's Ferry, Delaware Township, Pike County, Pennsylvania. It was designed in 1837, and built in 1850 in the Greek Revival style. It is a two-story, clapboard clad frame building with a gable roof. It features a large gabled portico supported by four heavy Doric order columns.According to the National Park Service, "The Greek Revival style Dutch Reform Church was built in 1850. Its wooden colossal temple front with four heavy fluted columns mimics the stone architecture of ancient Greece. It was converted to a residence in 1957 and has been home to antiques dealer Doug Cosh since 1972. He has leased the property since 1986."It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79000241