Address: N. Bedford St. and the Circle, Georgetown, Delaware. County/parish: Sussex.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 26, 1979.
Also known as:
Richards Mansion, also known as The Mansion House, is a historic mansion located at Georgetown, Sussex County, Delaware. The oldest section was built between 1796 and 1799, and is a two-story, four bay, single pile Federal style structure that is now the rear wing. The main house was built between 1835 and 1845, and is a three-story, five bay, frame structure in the Greek Revival style. The third floor was added in 1883, with the addition of a mansard roof in the Second Empire style.
The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79000648