1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places June 27, 1979.
Anderson Hall is a historic building located in the northeastern section of the University of Florida campus in Gainesville, Florida. The building houses the university's political science and religion departments, both a part of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Anderson Hall was designed by William Augustus Edwards, responsible for planning nearly all of the campus' early buildings, in Collegiate Gothic style. Construction began in 1912, and the building opened in October 1913 as Language Hall.
On June 27, 1979, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. It is also a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 20, 1989.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79000652