Northwest Davenport Turner Society Hall (NRIS 79000941)

Address: 1602 Washington St., Davenport, Iowa. County/parish: Scott.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 10, 1979.

From Wikipedia:

Northwest Davenport Turner Society Hall
The Northwest Davenport Turner Society Hall is a historic building located in the old northwest side of Davenport, Iowa, United States. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1979. The Northwest Davenport Turner Society Hall is significant for its association with Davenport's German community, which was the city's largest and most influential immigrant group. It also played an important role in the civic and cultural life of the northwest Davenport German community. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Clausen, F. G.
  • Clausen, Kruse and Klein

Architectural styles:

  • No Style Listed

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79000941

LC