1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 07, 2019.
Also known as:
The Swift & Co. meatpacking plant in Sioux City, in the state of Iowa in the Midwestern United States, was built in 1918–19 as a speculative venture under the name Midland Packing Plant. After going into receivership, it was acquired by Swift & Co. in 1924, and continued to operate until 1974. It was then purchased by a Sioux City businessman and converted to an enclosed mall, the KD Stockyards Station. The building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Fire and water damage in 2004 forced its closing, and the building was demolished in 2010. It was delisted from the National Register of Historic Places in 2019.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79000952