Institute Hall (NRIS 79001287)

Address: 111 S. Pearl ST., Natchez, MS. County/parish: Adams.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places June 20, 1979.

From Wikipedia:

United States Courthouse (Natchez, Mississippi)
The United States Courthouse, previously known as Institute Hall, Opera Hall, and Memorial Hall, is a building in Natchez, Mississippi that was initially constructed from 1851 to 1853, for use as an educational building. It has served a variety of public purposes in the intervening years. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. In 2007, it was rededicated as a courthouse of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Reynolds and Brown
  • Weldon Brothers

Architectural styles:

  • Greek Revival