Address: 937 N. Lamar St., Jackson, Mississippi. County/parish: Hinds.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 03, 1979.
Also known as:
The Alex William House, also known as the Greystone Hotel, is a historic house in Jackson, Mississippi. It was built in 1912 by George Thomas, an African-American building contractor, for Alex Williams, an African-American grocer. From 1922 to 1945, it belonged to the Marino family, and it became a hotel in 1950.
The house was designed in the Colonial Revival architectural style. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since July 3, 1979.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79001313