1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 03, 1979.
Also known as:
The Chance House and Gardens is a historic home and garden located at Centralia, Missouri. The house was built in 1904, and is a two-story, Queen Anne style frame dwelling on a raised brick basement. It features a broad verandah and porte cochere. The formal gardens were added in 1937. The house was purchased by Albert Bishop Chance in 1923. The house is now operated as the Centralia Historical Society Museum. The adjacent Garden is open to the public.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79001345