Address: U.S. 85, Los Lunas, New Mexico. County/parish: Valencia.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places August 01, 1979.
The Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Depot in Los Lunas, New Mexico was built in 1879. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
It an Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad station no longer in use, now located on New Mexico State Road 314, which formerly was the routing of U.S. Route 85, about 0.9 miles (1.4 km) south of its intersection with Highway 6. The depot was moved in 1976 to its current location.
It is notable as one of the oldest depots in New Mexico, and is the oldest in the state of its standard type used by the A.T. & S.F. throughout the late 1800s.
Originally it was 118.5 feet (36.1 m) long. Its freight room was expanded in 1886 and then shortened by 30 feet (9.1 m) in 1942.
Signage in 2016 indicates it is currently a Veterans of Foreign Wars post.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79001562