1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 24, 1979.
Also known as:
The Old Southeast Town Hall is located on Main Street (US 6) in Brewster, New York, United States. Built in 1896, it served as the main office of the Town of Southeast, which surrounds and includes Brewster. In 1964, the town's clerk and supervisor moved to the recently closed First National Bank of Brewster's building down the street (since then, they have moved to new offices on NY 22 north of the village).
Some town offices are still in the building, which also today houses the Southeast Museum. In 1979, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in recognition of its early yet mature Colonial Revival architecture.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79001619