Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 17, 1996.
Roaring Camp Bridge was a private covered bridge spanning Elk Creek about 6 miles (10 km) west of Drain in the U.S. state of Oregon. Robert Lancaster built the bridge in 1929 to provide road access to his farm, and other local residents used it as well. Roaring Camp was also the name of a roadhouse near the bridge.
Roaring Camp Bridge, clad with unpainted vertical 1-by-6-inch (2.5 by 15.2 cm) boards, had ribbon openings along its side walls. The Howe truss bridge, 88 feet (27 m) long, was demolished in 1995. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, it was delisted after its demolition.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79002056