Address: CT 99, Cromwell, Connecticut. County/parish: Middlesex.
58 contributing buildings. 1 contributing site.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 27, 1979.
Also known as:
The Middletown Upper Houses Historic District, also known as the Upper Houses River Port, encompasses the historic early nucleus of Cromwell, Connecticut. Sandwiched between Main Street and the Connecticut River, this area was set off from neighboring Middletown in 1851. It is visually dominated by residential structures built before 1810. The area grew as a significant river port and shipbuilding center until the mid-19th century. The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79002620