St. Charles Seminary and Chapel (NRIS 79002840)
.5 mi. S of Carthagena, off OH 127,
Ohio. County/parish: Mercer.
7 contributing buildings.
1 contributing site.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
July 26, 1979.
Part of Cross-Tipped Churches of Ohio TR
Also known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Seminary and Chapel
- St. Charles Seminary
- St. Charles Seminary is a former American Catholic seminary, founded by the Missionaries of the Precious Blood in 1861 in Carthagena, Ohio. The seminary closed in 1969 and is now a retirement center for clergy and lay people. The seminary, chapel, and five other buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79002840