4 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 24, 1979.
Also known as:
Elm Grove, also known as the Williams-Rick House, is a historic plantation house located near Courtland, Southampton County, Virginia. The original section was built about 1790, and subsequently enlarged through the 19th century. The main section is a two-story, six-bay, frame dwelling sheathed in weatherboard. It has a side gable roof and exterior end chimneys. Also on the property are a contributing smokehouse, office, and dairy.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79003089