Downtown Commercial District
Roughly bounded by Adams and State Sts., 8th and 10th Aves.,
74 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 18, 1979.
Part of Warren County MRA
- Downtown Commercial District (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
The Downtown Commercial District in Bowling Green, Kentucky is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. In 1979, it included 113 buildings deemed to contribute to the historic character of the area.
A few of the district's buildings are:
- Combs Building (from last 25 years of 1800s), 908 State Street, a 2 1⁄2-story brick commercial building
- Greer Building (from last 25 years of 1800s), 910 and 912 State Street, two-story six-bay building with metal cornice
- Garvin Building (from last 25 years of 1800s), 918 State Street, a three-story Italianate building with original metal cornice
- T. C. Mitchell Building (1903), 926-928 State Street, 2 1⁄2-story seven-bay brick building with molded brick cornice
The district was listed as part of a review of historic resources in Warren County. (read more...)
- Mixed (More Than 2 Styles From Different Periods)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79003510