Omaha Quartermaster Depot Historic District (NRIS 79003685)
Roughly bounded by Hickory and 22nd Sts., Woolworth Ave., and Union Pacific RR,
Nebraska. County/parish: Douglas.
5 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
July 26, 1979.
Also known as:
- The Old Corral
- US Army Reserve Center Facility
- Omaha Quartermaster Depot Historic District
- The Omaha Quartermaster Depot Historic District, including several brick structures built in Italianate and other styles, was built for the U.S. Army between 1881 and 1894. Located in South Omaha between Hickory and 22nd Streets, Woolworth Avenue and the Union Pacific Railroad main line in Omaha, Nebraska, the depot was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a historic district in 1979. The depot previously operated as United States Army Reserve facility. The facility is considered surplus by the GSA and was put up for auction in the fall of 2013. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79003685