1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 10, 1979.
Also known as:
The Sons of Norway Hall, also known as Fedrelandet Lodge #23, is a historic fraternal society building on Indian St. in Petersburg, Alaska. It is a large two-story wood frame structure with a gambrel roof, measuring about 105 feet (32 m) in length and 55 feet (17 m) in width. Built in 1912 by volunteers, it was the first Sons of Norway lodge building built in Alaska. The hall was built large enough to stage events involving the entire community of Petersburg, and it was used for many years for all types of civic, social, public, and private events. During World War II it was used as an armory, and it served as a National Guard headquarters in the 1960s.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1979.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/79003765