Address: 16th and S. B Sts., Elwood, Indiana. County/parish: Madison.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 05, 1984.
Elwood Passenger and Freight Depot, also known as the Elwood Train Depot, was a historic train station located at Elwood, Madison County, Indiana. It was built in 1894 by the Norfolk and Western Railway. It was a 1 1/2-story, Richardsonian Romanesque style yellow-orange brick building with a steeply pitched hipped roof. It was officially retired from service in August 1975. Passenger Depot torn down in June, 1983. The Freight Depot was burned in a control fire on January 5, 1990.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 and delisted in 1984.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/80000045