1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 04, 2008.
The Ladd Carriage House is a building in downtown Portland, Oregon at Broadway and Columbia. It is one of the few surviving buildings forming part of the former grand estates which once stood in the downtown core. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The building served as a coach house and stables for the William S. Ladd mansion, once located across Broadway on the block bounded by Broadway, Columbia, 6th Avenue and Jefferson. The Carriage House was built in 1883, designed by architect Joseph Sherwin, to house the Ladd family's horses and carriages.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/80003369