Address: NW of McSherrytown on LR 01060, Mt. Pleasant/Conewago Townships, McSherrystown, Pennsylvania. County/parish: Adams.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places June 27, 1986.
Conewago Chapel Covered Bridge, also known as the Blue Spring Covered Bridge, was a historic wooden covered bridge located in Conewago and Mount Pleasant Townships in Adams County, Pennsylvania. It was a 98-foot-long (30 m), Burr Truss arch bridge with a metal roof constructed in 1899 by J.F. Socks. It crossed the South Branch of Conewago Creek and was one of 17 historic covered bridges in Adams, Cumberland, and Perry Counties when it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1980, but was destroyed in an arson fire on June 14, 1985. The bridge was removed from the NRHP in 1986.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/80003398